Thursday, January 15, 2009

Jillian Jiggs











I love these Jillian Jiggs books. The illustrations are beautiful and the little girl in this story is so full of character. We got the treasury for Christmas and it is such a good book with great little messages in each story. Mia has been bugging me since she got this book from her Auntie Caryn to make these pigs. We decided to try it one day, and went to town and collected all the things that we needed. She was so excited (I don't know what for most, missing her nap so we could tackle the project while Ava was sleeping, or just making the little suckers). Well, as we started I found that it was a little harder than I thought it would be and not that kid friendly. She was just fine with watching all the sewing involved, and designated herself as the stuffing girl. She did a great job and we had fun doing a little project together. I did get left after a while as she got a little distracted. We made one for her little cousin Madi too, as she is in the hospital right now with a Staph infection. Ava was quite excited for her little pig when she woke up. Mia knows exactly which one is hers as it is just a tiny bit bigger than Ava's and she doesn't let them get mixed up. Projects are fun, I think we will just pick one next time that she can be more involved in.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I want to make some of those piggies!! They are so cute. Care to share some instructions??

Arin said...

I haven't heard of these stories...but I'm definitely going to check them out...I love when people share their faves...and...

Oh my gosh... those may be the cutest little pigs I've ever seen (did you really accomplish all that while Ava was napping?)

I'm afraid they may be a little out of my league but I would love to see how you did it...